Many patients who are considering breast augmentation surgery are unhappy with the fit of their clothes and bras prior to treatment. For those women who are unhappy with the size and shape of their breasts, shopping for clothes can be a stressful and discouraging experience. Finding flattering bras, bathing suits, and tops can be nearly impossible, and some women just want to avoid shopping altogether as a result.
Today, there are a variety of breast surgery options that can improve the appearance of breasts. Small, asymmetric, and misshapen breasts can be treated with the insertion of breast implants. Sagging breasts can benefit from a breast lift. Disproportionately heavy breasts can be treated with breast reduction.
Whatever your concerns, there is a breast surgery option available to make your breasts more proportionate and aesthetically pleasing. Read more about the breast augmentation size and proportions and call us if you have specific questions an concerns, we will be glad to help you.
Quick facts about Breast Implants:
Silicone Breast Implants
Silicone gel implants are made of a silicone rubber shell filled with a highly cohesive gel that closely mimics the feel of natural breast tissue. Benefits of silicone gel implants include:
- Gel feels more like real breast tissue.
- Less likely to have visible or palpable wrinkles or ripples beneath the skin compared to saline.
- Gel implants cannot deflate while saline implants can.
Saline Breast Implants
Benefits of saline implants include:
- Implant volume is adjustable during surgery for optimal size control.
- No MRI exams are needed to determine implant integrity in the future.
- Some patients just feel “safer” with IV fluid inside the implants vs silicone gel.
- FDA required for patients under 22 years of age.